In May 1775 … John Hancock was appointed Congress President. His claim to fame was being the first person to sign the US Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, … a document pronouncing the United States were emancipating themselves from under British rule.
Of the 56 signatures on this historic document … Hancock’s is by far the most well-known … as he prominently signed it dead-center … larger and more gracefully than his counterparts!
To this day … asking for someone’s ‘John Hancock’ is a common phrase when requesting their signature.
Fast-forward nearly 250 years later … and the business world is “on its knees” … pleading for innovative solutions to deal with the glut of paperwork which is both suffocating and bottle-necking internal processes.
Mr. Hancock could never have foreseen the nightmare paper is presenting to organizations across the globe! Fortunately … advances in technology are offering innovative solutions!
Our client, a leader in document imaging, data capture and workflow / SAAS technology … is looking for a sales professional to help them continue on their upward trajectory!
Reporting to the VP, Sales, the BDM will call on both established and new target clientele across the GTA.
With a track record of new client acquisition success, the BDM will swiftly qualify prospects and proficiently move them through a repeatable sales process to close.
You must have the capacity to understand your client’s business needs (across a broad range of vertical industry segments) … while managing a moderately complex sales process through qualification, justification, proposal creation and selling solutions that meet client needs.
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT SALES
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE (IN GTA)
INDUSTRY: DOCUMENT IMAGING / DATA CAPTURE / WORKFLOW / SAAS
- Create and action a sales strategy to penetrate territory / market and secure new business
- Focus on new accounts / projects to increase sales and diversification across markets
- Responsible for heading up expansion of offerings into new markets and among existing clientele
- Maintain a high level of targeted sales activity – to build and maintain a strong pipeline
- Become an expert with respect to the company’s products and services
- Work with clients, technology teams, operations and management to ensure exceptional service delivery
- Utilize CRM to track, monitor and report on activities and pipeline
- 5+ years’ full cycle, B2B sales experience … in a ‘solution sales’, hunter role
- 2+ years’ experience selling software solutions
- Experience identifying, calling on and presenting to senior level decision makers
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and elite time management skills
- Experience in hardware sales – (ie; production / workgroup / desktop scanners
- Experience in the microfilm industry would be beneficial (but not mandatory)
- Experience selling document capture software such as; Kofax, Datacap, Captiva or Kodak
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $55,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $130,000 – $135,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1st – Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘JOHN HANCOCK’ ROLE – (21.I.17-MTCHFBL).
3rd – Don’t send a generic email … where you just change the “Dear Insert Name”.
4th – Based on the job description … tell Sabrina how your experience specifically ticks the boxes on this role.