On March 23, 1965 … Gus Grissom and John Young prepared to blast into space on the Gemini III capsule.
One of their objectives was to determine how astronauts could eat … (mess-free) during their missions.
To put it mildly … the cuisine on the Gemini III sucked … consisting of squeezy tubes and plastic packages.
The reason for this is … the dangers of crumbs in space are substantial … and can have fatal results.
Crumbs can drift through the cabin and lodge themselves inside critical instrument panels.
Prior to taking off … John Young managed to smuggle a Corned Beef on Rye sandwich onto the capsule.
Two hours into the mission … Young unwrapped the sandwich … and offered some to Grissom.
To their horror … they realized the crumbs from the sandwich were not conducive to zero-gravity conditions and were scattering everywhere!
Needless to say, NASA harshly reprimanded Young … and strict protocols were put in place for future missions!
What does this have to do with my new role? Well … nothing really!
That said … just as a shuttle needs a solid launching pad … so too does a sales career … and this role provides just that!
My client’s organization is a well-known brand … and famous for developing top-shelf sales professionals.
You’d be hard pressed to find a better organization to launch your sales career in the right direction.
Are you tired of 100% commission sales roles … or plying your trade in a dead-end industry? If so … this is ‘opportunity knocking’.
My client is looking for sales professionals with 1 or 2 years of hunter-type, B2B sales experience.
They are also open to entertaining accomplished Inside Sales professionals, looking to step out from behind the desk … and take on an Outside Sales position.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
TERRITORY: BRADFORD, VAUGHAN, CONCORD (OFFICE IS IN NEWMARKET)
- Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls
- Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships
- This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization
- Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- MUST HAVE: Post-secondary education
- STRONG PREFERENCE FOR: 1-2 years of B2B sales experience
- WILL CONSIDER: 6 months of ‘hunting-type’ sales experience (if you are really awesome)
- The desire to commit and absorb the world-class sales training you will receive
BASE SALARY: $47,500
ON-TARGET VARIABLE AT 100% OF PLAN: $35,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $82,500 (uncapped)
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + solid car allowance + gas card + cell allowance
If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
This is what happens next;
1st – Email your resume to me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE “LAUNCHING PAD” ROLE – #25H71-MTCHFBL
3rd – Don’t send me a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on my job description … tell me what makes you a legitimate contender.