Believe it or not … there’s a term for people who have an irrational fear of numbers.
It’s called ‘arithmophobia’!
We’ve all heard of superstitions that exist with the number 13 (unlucky) or say … 666 (the sign of the devil).
However … true ‘arithmophobics’ fear all kinds of numbers … especially complex math equations.
So … what does this have to do with Danielle’s latest role? Nothing really.
That said … if you’re an ‘arithmophobic’ this is definitely not the role for you.
Our client is one of the leading accounting firms in Hamilton.
Truth is … they’re busier than a house on fire … and they need an Accounting Technician (or 2 or 3) to help them manage their work load.
The working environment is fantastic.
You’ll be busy … but you’ll learn a lot … and have opportunity to grow within the firm.
Bottom line … they take care of the employees who take care of them.
Your effort will absolutely not go unnoticed!
POSITION: ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
OFFICE: DOWNTOWN HAMILTON
- Prepare basic Corporate tax returns and Notice to Reader financial statements
- Assist with … and prepare Personal Tax Returns
- Prepare specialized financial reports … as per ad hoc client requests
- Assist on CRA assessment reviews
- Prepare regular external filings such as TAs and T5s and EHT returns
- Assist a broad range of small business clients with day-to-day accounting queries
- 2 years of experience with a public accounting firm
- Sound bookkeeping knowledge
- Experience with Notice to Reader and Review Engagement files
- Experience with the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Experience with payroll matters
- Strong working knowledge of Simply Accounting or QuickBooks, Caseware, TaxPrep (or similar)
- An accounting certificate or diploma (while not mandatory) is definitely an asset
BASE SALARY: $35,000 – $42,000
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1st – Email your resume to Danielle Giannattasio at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘ARITHMOPHOBIA’ ROLE – (26H17-MTCHFBL).
3rd – Don’t send a generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on this job description … tell Danielle what makes you a fit for this role.