At the age of 15, Chris Wallace was pushing drugs on the streets of New York City.
Seven years later … the 6’ 3”, 300-pound rapper (also known as; Biggie Smalls, Notorious B.I.G. & Big Poppa), released Ready to Die … cementing his legendary place in Hip Hop history!
What you may not know is … this was the only album Biggie would release, during his lifetime.
I won’t go into the misfortunes that weaved their way through his life … but I will point out he was one of the main players in Hip Hop’s East Coast -vs- West Coast rivalry.
A feud that would eventually lead to his murder in March 1997!
What does this have to do with my latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said, I guess you could say I’m looking for a ‘Big Poppa’ of a different ‘ilk’.
You see … my client is an extremely profitable, wonderfully managed organization and they’re in the business of buying other businesses.
I guess you could say … they need a ‘Big Poppa’ of their own … to help them do that!
The Corporate Development Executive will engage Presidents, CEOs and Owners of companies that fit the desired acquisition profile.
The primary function of this role is to advance existing relationships and establish new ones.
The CDE will learn what an ideal acquisition looks like … and ultimately help the organization acquire these companies.
It’s important to note: my client is definitely not a ‘corporate raider’, by any means!
They ‘buy and hold’ companies and preserve their legacy under new ownership.
POSITION: CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
OFFICE: NORTH YORK
SECTOR: INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING
TERRITORY: NORTH AMERICA
TRAVEL: approximately 15%
- Create and action a strategy to secure new company acquisitions
- Maintain a high level of targeted activity – to build and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Forge genuine relationships with prospects by demonstrating value in the process
- Undergrad Degree in Business, Engineering or MBA
- 3 – 5 years of full cycle, B2B sales experience … in a hunter role
- 3+ years’ manufacturing environment exposure (private equity, investment banking or management consulting)
- Experience identifying, calling on and pitching to senior management decision makers
- Exposure to / understanding of … the industrial manufacturing industry
- Extroverted personality, self-motivated and eager to meet new people
- Knowledge of accounting and financial statements
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: confidential … but very lucrative … and uncapped!
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1st – Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘BIG POPPA’ ROLE – (26-F-17-MTCHFBL).
3rd – Don’t send a previously prepared, generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on my job description … tell me specifically what makes you a fit for this role.