In honour of Canada’s 150th birthday, I decided to call this role … The ‘One-Fifty’.
For a brief moment … I considered calling it ‘The Sesquicentennial’ … but that just didn’t roll off the tongue very well.
Do you know how Confederation actually came to be?
Well … back in the 1860’s, the British colonies were facing a whole whack of political and economic challenges.
To make an already bad situation even worse … Britain had recently thrown its support behind the South during the American Civil War.
With the North emerging victorious … many Americans believed they should turn their attention northward … and take over the British colonies.
Since Britain was unwilling to assume the cost of defense … the colonies were encouraged to band together. The rationale was, the United States would be less inclined to attack a self-governed country than a bunch of small, British colonies.
What does this have to do with my latest role? Nothing, really.
That said … my client is looking for a sales person who will focus on selling into government ministries.
Reporting to the VP, Sales, the Government Account Executive will sell into Provincial and Federal Government Ministries.
They will sell a complete suite of ‘cutting-edge’ solutions including; Lockers, Shelving and Storage.
Now … you may be wondering how Lockers, Shelving and Storage can possibly be considered ‘cutting-edge’.
Trust me, when you see the applications and ingenuity behind this company’s products … you’ll be shocked!
POSITION: GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT SALES
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE (IN GTA)
INDUSTRY: STORAGE + DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
TARGET MARKET: PROVINCIAL AND FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MINISTRIES
- Create and action a sales strategy to penetrate Provincial and Federal Government ministries to secure new business
- Maintain a high level of targeted sales activity – to build and maintain a robust pipeline
- Become an expert with respect to the company’s products and services
- Understand client needs, develop appropriate solutions and articulate via comprehensive project proposals
- Project Management – to ensure the successful and profitable completion of projects
- Work on RFPs and within the structure of selling to government agencies
- 7 – 10 years of full cycle, B2B sales experience … in a hunter role
- 3 – 5 years of experience selling into the government space (provincial and/or federal)
- Experience identifying, calling on and presenting to provincial and federal government bodies
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and elite level time management and communication skills
- Able to work with mathematical concepts (pricing, margins, costs, measurements, fractions, percentages)
BASE SALARY: $85,000 – $90,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $135,000 – $140,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1st – Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘ONE-FIFTY’ ROLE – (22-F-17-MTCHFBL).
3rd – Don’t send a previously prepared, generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on my job description … tell me specifically what makes you a fit for this role.