Picture if you will … a truly progressive organization.
An organization where General Managers virtually never leave, but rather, are delighted to stay … as long as possible.
Where the Executive Leadership Group does not suffocate their General Managers … but rather empowers them to make critical business decisions … as they see fit.
Picture if you will … the opportunity to generate explosive growth.
Where a competent and successful General Manager can utilize their skills and experience to effect real change.
Where a General Manager’s achievement is properly rewarded … and entrepreneurial nature is genuinely encouraged.
You may think this kind of opportunity only exists in the Twilight Zone … but you couldn’t be more wrong!
What does this have to do with my current role?
Well … everything!
The General Manager is responsible for performance of the division’s production and branch network. In accordance with company policies (that act as goal posts … not barriers) they will create and execute their division’s business plan, ensuring profitability, developing branch personnel … and facilitating continuous improvement and personal growth.
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT
INDUSTRY: METAL FABRICATION
- Work with executive management, key clients and key suppliers to leverage key growth opportunities
- Manage a P&L and apply financial acumen to business decisions (depreciation, return, cash flow, A/R, A/P, ROI) etc …
- Stay informed and educated as to product inventory and applicability
- Direct and coordinate sales efforts to assist in account development and development of new markets
- Review daily reports and take appropriate action to analyze and evaluate activities, costs, operations, budgets and forecast data to determine branch progress towards stated goals and objectives.
- Coordinate inventory and manage branch inventory status
- Negotiate pricing and issues with vendors
- Maintain facility layout to promote safety, security, and productivity while leveraging available space
- Establish processes 1:1’s, team calls, KPIs and determine how company can grow (bolt-on businesses or new acquisitions)
- Evaluate performance of branch personnel, develop goals and provide formal and informal feedback
- Via management decisions, communication and behaviour, create a culture that works to meet client needs
- Promote an environment of empowerment, respect and trust … while holding team members accountable
- 5+ years’ leadership experience in a General Manager or Director type role
- Experience managing a network of remote operations (branches) and a production facility
- Financial acumen (depreciation, return, P&L, Cash Flow, A/R, A/P, Return on Investment) etc …
- Experience in metal fabrication industry is a nice to have … but definitely not necessary!
- Travel across Ontario … as necessary
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $140,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $30,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $160,000 – $170,000
OTHER: benefits + mileage
If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
This is what happens next;
1st – I need you to email your resume to me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘TWILIGHT ZONE’ ROLE – (15-E-17-HHK).
3rd – I beg you … please, please, please don’t send me a previously prepared, generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on my job description … tell me specifically … what makes you a legitimate contender for this role.