When you boil it down … there are two types of people in this world.
Those who ‘do’ … and those who ‘don’t’.
Whatever the circumstance … ‘do-ers’ find a way to achieve goals … while ‘don’t-ers’ look for excuses.
As you can probably imagine … I’m looking for the former … and definitely not the latter!
My client isn’t looking for an individual who prefers to sit behind their desk and draw game plans for others to deliver upon. While they want a strategic leader, who can establish direction … they also want someone who will then roll up their sleeves … leap into the trenches … and make that plan a reality!
One thing’s for sure … this role promises excitement, challenge and sweet reward for the right individual.
In this role … you will help establish the organization’s strategy with respect to selling into the Automotive Category. You will manage a national sales team and play a key role in client negotiations. Working with the VP, Sales … you will own sales results for the entire category. This key business segment represents up to 50% of the national sales team’s focus.
POSITION: SALES DIRECTOR / CATEGORY DIRECTOR
REPORTING TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE
INDUSTRY: LOYALTY PROGRAMS
TARGET MARKET / CHANNEL: AUTOMOTIVE OEMs AND DEALERS
- Work with Executive Leadership Team to optimize go-to-market strategy for Canada
- Palin and simple … absolutely ‘own’ the Automotive Category – ‘soup to nuts’!
- Work with the VP Sales, to establish annual targets for national sales team and ensure they are achieved!
- Execute quarterly and bi-weekly status calls with Sales team to facilitate achievement of quota
- Leverage existing relationships from the Industry to generate leads and business partnerships
- Establish and direct call strategy and execution with Sales Team … across Canada
- Lead annual and quarterly account planning / status meetings, creating focus and action for Client Services and Sales
- Establish relationship and personally attend Top 20 client visits in person, over the year
- Create and execute sales training for national sales team
- 10 to 15+ years’ sales and sales leadership experience … in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge and a robust network in the Automotive Category + proven ability to lead business in the category
- Incredible drive and motivation person and a history of consistently obliterating business goals
- A strategic thinker who can not only devise plans … but can execute them … flawlessly
- Excellent sales and account leadership skills … with the ability to close deals and manage them to long term success
- Able to work in collaboration with Executive Leadership Team and fluidly with the VP, Sales
- Automotive related + B2B sales experience … including experience dealing with Auto GM’S and Owners
- Previous experience in Channel Management
- Travel across Canada … as necessary
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $75,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $165,000 – $175,000
OTHER: home office + benefits
If you’re qualified for this role … the ball is in your court.
This is what happens next;
1st – Please email your resume to me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘NO ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACK’ ROLE – (28-D-17-HHK).
3rd – I beg you … please, please, please don’t send me a previously prepared, generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – Based on my job description … tell me specifically what makes you a legitimate contender for this role.