Growing up in my neighborhood, there came a time … usually around the age of 10, when you longed to graduate from being looked at as a little kid … to having what we considered to be the ultimate ‘street cred’.
That rite of passage was none other than … ‘Nicky-Nicky 9 Doors’!
‘Nicky-Nicky 9 Doors’ (also known as … ‘Ding-Dong-Ditch’) had 4 simple rules;
It had to ‘go down’ on a Saturday night … and only after dark.
(If you had to be home “when the street lights came on” … you effectively disqualified yourself).
You couldn’t just knock on the screen door … it had to be the ‘real’ door!
(Having to open the screen door wasted precious seconds … elevating the odds of getting caught).
You had to knock 3 times and clearly say the word ‘steamboat’ in between knocks.
(A combination of ringing the doorbell while knocking would elevate you to legend status)!
You couldn’t pick the house … that was decided for you, and the house usually fell into one of three categories;
It was the house everyone thought was ‘haunted’ … the house with two ferocious pit bulls or, … God forbid … Mr. Watson’s place!
(For the record … no one actually knew Mr. Watson’s real life story but the stories we’d heard as kids would paralyze you simply by having to walk by his house … much less having to make the trip to his porch)!
So … what does this have to do with my latest role? Nothing really.
That said … if you think about it … ‘Nicky-Nicky 9 Doors’ was my initiation into the world of cold-calling.
My client is a well-known brand … famous for developing wonderful sales professionals.
You’d be hard pressed to find a better organization to launch your sales career in the right direction.
If you’re tired of 100% commissioned sales roles or plying your trade in a dead end industry … you should consider this … ‘opportunity knocking’.
My client is looking for sales professionals with 1 to 2 years of hunter-type sales experience. They are also open to entertaining Inside Sales professionals, looking to step out from behind the desk and take on an Outside Sales position.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTING TO: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
5 OPEN TERRITORIES: TORONTO, HAMILTON, SCARBOROUGH, LONDON, WINDSOR
- Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls
- Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships
- This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization
- Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- MUST HAVE: Post-secondary education
- PREFERENCE FOR: 1-2 years of B2B sales experience
- IF YOU ARE AWESOME: will consider 6 months of ‘hunting-type’ sales experience
- The desire to immerse yourself and absorb the world-class sales training you will receive
BASE SALARY: $47,500
ON-TARGET VARIABLE AT 100% OF PLAN: $35,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $82,500 (uncapped)
OTHER: RRSP + benefits + car allowance + gas card + cell allowance
If you’re qualified for this role … the proverbial ball is in your court.
This is what happens next;
1st – I need you to email your resume to me at; email@example.com.
2nd – Ensure the subject line reads; THE ‘OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS’ ROLE – (#21.D.71-HHK)
3rd – I beg you to please, please, please not send me a previously prepared, generic email … where you simply change the “Dear Insert Name” portion.
4th – This one is critical! Based on my job description … tell me specifically what makes you a legitimate contender.